What are our sources of personal information and what information do we collect?
We generally collect personal information from the following sources: when you interact with us on the website, when you retain our services, when you provide information at a trade show, and when you apply to be a TCN employee or to provide services to TCN. On our website, we collect information from you when you register on our site, request services, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, or fill out a form.
From the sources described above, we collect identifiers (name or email), contact information (phone, telephone number, personal or business address), demographic information, professional information (company name, job title, or employment history), educational and performance information (such as degrees collected or coding aptitude), government identifiers (tax ID or social security number), online account information, financial information (bank account and related billing information), and transaction history.
We will generally indicate which data we request is required, rather than data that is voluntary or optional. When requesting services or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number, and any other information that you may include on your resume.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not have access to certain features of our website. Your browser may be configured to reject cookies or notify you when a cookie is set.
How do we use your information?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To operate the website and deliver our services
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To market our services to current and potential customers
- To improve our website and services (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To address website integrity or security issues
- To evaluate candidates for our contractor network and as company employees
- To respond to your questions or requests for information about or from us
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To communicate with you
Any personal information you provide us when applying for a position with us will be used solely to consider and act upon your application. We may retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for as long as necessary for such purposes. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties hired by us to collect, maintain, and analyze candidates for positions.
The email address you provide when requesting services will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your or request. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc., but have the opportunity to opt-out from receiving those emails at any time.
We may aggregate your information, without identifying you personally, to obtain statistical and demographic background on our customers and job candidates.
As we grow and develop our business, our corporate structure or organization might change, we may merge or otherwise combine with, or we or portions of our business might be acquired by, another company. In any such transactions, personal information generally is, and should be expected to be, one of the transferred business assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, your information may be considered a company asset that may be sold or transferred to third parties.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not, and do not intend to, sell your personal information to third parties.
We do transfer information to trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, providing services to you, and evaluating employment applications, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. The types of third parties to whom we disclose information therefore include, website and other online operators, human resources support vendors, subcontractors, and/or cloud storage providers.
We may also disclose your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety, or respond to subpoena or court order. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How do we protect your information?
We take reasonable measures to secure and protect information transmitted via or stored on the website or our other systems. These security measures include password protected directories and databases to safeguard your information. We use a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Our service providers, systems, and processes are audited on an annual basis by an external HIPAA Risk Assessment Program firm. Our HIPPA Compliant attestation is here – https://codingnetwork.com/hipaa-attestation-certificate/
For California Residents Only
If you are a California resident, you may request certain information from or certain action by us, or you may authorize an agent to make such a request on your behalf. We will seek to verify your identity and your agent’s authority when we receive an individual rights request from you or on your behalf to ensure the security of your personal information.
California residents have the right to request the deletion of personal information, but we may not delete some or all personal information, as required or permitted by applicable law, such as if the requested information in necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
If you are a California resident, you may also request to receive details about how we collect, use, and share your personal information. You may also request to receive the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
We do not, and do not intend to, sell personal information of California residents and do not discriminate against you for exercising any CCPA rights, such as the access and deletion rights described above.
You can opt-out of cookies here: https://privacyportal-eu.onetrust.com/webform/24a171ad-4c34-4a83-80b1-6885fc6faffa/c19f0f83-c6ea-4e2c-83a6-005b70283779
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older.
Visiting The System From Outside The United States
Do Not Track
We may send you emails with promotional offers. If you would no longer like to receive information, newsletters or other promotional messages from us, please click the link at the bottom of any such email you receive from us and follow the instructions, or alternatively you may contact us at CCPA@codingnetwork.com with the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” or “REMOVE” in the subject line. Your email address will be removed from our marketing list, as required by applicable law.
This policy was last modified on June 30, 2020
The Coding Network, LLC
324 South Palm Drive
Beverly Hills, California 90212