Pathology Coding Background
- Directed by a nationally renowned pathology coding and reimbursement expert who has worked with many of the nation’s largest academic pathology departments.
- We offer you a team of certified and qualified pathology coding experts.
- Address both anatomic and surgical pathology coding.
- Our pathology coding manager has worked more than 20 years as a certified medical technologist, previously managed a national reference lab and is a Certified Coding Specialist.
Pathology Coding Need
- Shortage of certified coders with extensive training and experience in pathology coding.
- Surgical pathology coding is not intuitive. It requires knowledge of which assays can be billed separately and which cannot be separated from the tissue examination.
- Dictation of tissue sample examinations can often be improved both for billing and medical-legal purposes.
- Pathology coder turnover creates cash flow peaks and valleys.
Pathology Coding Solutions
- 2-to-3 workday turnaround using FedEx/UPS or scanned reports. We can remotely access your pathology information system for your reports.
- All coding will be done in the United States of America by certified coders specializing in pathology.
- Inexpensive way to combat peaks and valleys of coder turnover, vacations or prolonged illness.
- Optimize reimbursement.
- At no additional charge, we will identify and notify you of any deficiencies in the doctors’ reports to help improve your medical records and optimize reimbursement.
- TCN ‘s pathology coding service assures you a team of highly trained pathology coders, removing the trial and error approach.
- Relieves pathology department of coder educational programs and places the expense and training effort with TCN.
- Reduce inadvertent compliance audit medical-legal exposure.
- A comprehensive affordable solution for your pathology coding needs.
Pathology Coding Services
- Ongoing coding services for all or part of your caseload.
- Temporary coding coverage for vacations and sick leave.
- Backlog coding resolution services.
- Physician documentation training services.
- Coding compliance review services.
- Pathology Coding “helpline” services.
- OIG and RAC audit defense.
Latest Blog Posts:
Benewah Community Hospital, situated in St. Maries, Idaho, faces hard times after it implemented new software that caused several heavy billing problems. The hospital in Benewah County worked with Cerner for over a year to […]
Recently, a reort issued by the U.S. Department of HHS, Office of Inspector General, estimates that over 60% of claims submitted to Medicare for outpatient PT fails to comply with the correct requirements. The OIG […]
Here are more than 16 companies that provide revenue cycle management solutions, services and financing options to ASCs and their patients:
Bolder Healthcare Solutions
GeBBS Healthcare Solutions
In2itive Business Solutions
A New York surgeon who practiced at hospitals in Brooklyn and Long Island was sentenced today to 156 months in prison for his role in a scheme that involved the submission of millions of dollars […]