Pathology Coding Background
- Directed by a nationally renowned pathology coding and reimbursement expert who has worked with many of the nation’s largest academic pathology departments.
- We offer you a team of certified and qualified pathology coding experts.
- Address both anatomic and surgical pathology coding.
- Our pathology coding manager has worked more than 20 years as a certified medical technologist, previously managed a national reference lab and is a Certified Coding Specialist.
Pathology Coding Need
- Shortage of certified coders with extensive training and experience in pathology coding.
- Surgical pathology coding is not intuitive. It requires knowledge of which assays can be billed separately and which cannot be separated from the tissue examination.
- Dictation of tissue sample examinations can often be improved both for billing and medical-legal purposes.
- Pathology coder turnover creates cash flow peaks and valleys.
Pathology Coding Solutions
- 2-to-3 workday turnaround using FedEx/UPS or scanned reports. We can remotely access your pathology information system for your reports.
- All coding will be done in the United States of America by certified coders specializing in pathology.
- Inexpensive way to combat peaks and valleys of coder turnover, vacations or prolonged illness.
- Optimize reimbursement.
- At no additional charge, we will identify and notify you of any deficiencies in the doctors’ reports to help improve your medical records and optimize reimbursement.
- TCN ‘s pathology coding service assures you a team of highly trained pathology coders, removing the trial and error approach.
- Relieves pathology department of coder educational programs and places the expense and training effort with TCN.
- Reduce inadvertent compliance audit medical-legal exposure.
- A comprehensive affordable solution for your pathology coding needs.
Pathology Coding Services
- Ongoing coding services for all or part of your caseload.
- Temporary coding coverage for vacations and sick leave.
- Backlog coding resolution services.
- Physician documentation training services.
- Coding compliance review services.
- Pathology Coding “helpline” services.
- OIG and RAC audit defense.
Latest Blog Posts:
Fredericksburg Hospitalist Group, located in Richmond, VA, and fourteen of its member shareholders have agreed to pay nearly $4.2 million to settle a federal FCA case brought under the “qui tam whistleblower” provisions. Dana J. Boente, […]
Medicare Advantage Organization and Former COO to Pay $32.5 Million to Settle False Claims Act Allegations
Freedom Health Inc., a Tampa, Florida-based provider of managed care services, and its related corporate entities (collectively “Freedom Health”), agreed to pay $31,695,593 to resolve allegations that they violated the False Claims Act by engaging […]
New York City: According to a recent OIG report, Mount Sinai Hospital failed to comply with Medicare’s billing requirements for 110 outpatient and inpatient claims reviewed by the office of Inspector General for the audit […]