The Office of Inspector General (OIG) reviewed 191,118 Medicare paid distant-site telehealth claims, totaling $13.8 million, that lacked corresponding originating-site claims. The watchdog agency then reviewed provider supporting documentation of these claims to determine if the services met Medicare’s requirements for reimbursement. 31% of the telehealth claims did not.
Now is the time to fully understand Medicare telehealth claim requirements and nail down its coding, and documentation rules. Why? Because CMS is planning for a major coverage hike of telehealth services in 2019—as well as a boost in telehealth pay!
Bank on TCI’s all-new, end-to-end Telemedicine & Telehealth Handbook for Medical Practices 2018 to equip you to plan and implement your telehealth services, weigh the cost of care and technology, and master payment aspects, compliance, and other legal requirements.
Our experts take the guesswork out of best practices and government regulations, laying out in-depth information on Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement. Capitalize on insightful answers to readers’ questions. Get the inside scoop on coding, billing, compliance, and everything between to launch your telehealth services without a hitch.
Grow your patient population—and improve outcomes—with a vital telemedicine program:
- Master the New 2019 Telemedicine Codes
- Navigate the Ins and Outs of Telemedicine and Telehealth
- Nail Down Where Telehealth Services Can Take Place
- Tackle HIPAA and Compliance Issues for Telemedicine and Telehealth
- Get to Know the Basics on Telehealth Reimbursement
- Ace Accurate Coding for Telemedicine and Telehealth
- Power Up Your Claim Submittals for Services Furnished Via Telehealth
- Conquer Inpatient Telehealth Consultations
- Lock Down Appropriate Licensure
- Are You Eligible for a Geographic Waiver?
- Soar to Success with Telemedicine and Telehealth at Your Facility
- Gain Tips for Managing the Rapidly Changing Telehealth Technology
- Make the Grade with These Consumer-Centered Telehealth Design Principles
- Capitalize on New Telemedicine Options from CMS
- Get Modifier Updates and Other Expert Documentation Tips
Plus—get easy lookup access to:
- Telehealth Services Arranged Alphabetically by Code Descriptor
- Telehealth Services Ordered Numerically by Code Number
- Glossary of Telemedicine and Telehealth Terminology
- And so much more!