According to CMS, Evaluation and management (E/M) codes are the most frequently reported—and the most audited. In a study referred to by CMS, the OIG noted that 42% of claims for E/M services were incorrectly coded. Medicare reports a 65-70% error rate for codes 99215, 99223, and 99233. Upcoding and the misuse of modifier 25 are problematic. Widespread issues include the inherent subjectivity involved in E/M coding, as well as insufficient documentation to support code choice.
Turn to Evaluation & Management Coding Handbook 2018 —to help you secure your revenue, avoid denials and overpayments, and rise above audit scrutiny.
Capitalize on this best-selling resource to untangle guidelines and simplify E/M coding. Nail down medical necessity documentation that stands up to scrutiny. Meet all three levels of criteria for new patients to earn optimal, ethical reimbursement. Know how to identify which E/M guideline works best for a given encounter, educate your providers on essential clinical documentation, and much more.
Secure your revenue by
choose the right CPT® code and correct level of service every time:
- Get the Scoop on These New CPT® 2018 E/M Codes
- Reporting Preventive Service with Problem-Oriented E/M
- Understand Exam Levels for Other MACs
- Discover Which Elements are Needed for HPI
- Get New Vs. Established Patient Right Every Time
- Master the Nuts and Bolts of CCI Edits to Excel in Your E/M Coding
- Think You Can Never Report Modifiers 24 and 25 Together? Think Again
- Discern Requirements for Preventive Care/Problem-Focused E/Ms
- Hone Your PFSH Skills to Excel in History Coding
- When Should You Append Modifier 24 to the E/M Service? Find Out
- Get to Know 99283 for E/M ED Claims
- Correctly Handle an Injection Due to E/M Encounter
- Get Your TCM Coding Right Every Time with These Handy Tips
- Keep These G Modifiers in Mind for ABNs
- Always Ace Coding for Your E/M Telemedicine Services
- Get the Scoop on New BHI and Behavioral Healthcare Management Codes
- Know When to Append Modifier 25
- Decipher Modifier Indicator of 1 in CCI Edits
- NGS Reverses Original Exam Policy Change Decision
- Avoid Reporting Both 99385 and 99402
- Know When to Use Team Conference Code
- Receive a 99215 Denial? Expert Advice Will Show You What You Did Wrong
- Find Out When to Append Modifier 24
- 3 Tips Hone Your Advance Care Planning Skills
- Bust These Modifier 57 Myths to Boost Your Bottom Line
- Use Time as Dominant Factor
- How to You Choose the Right Hospital Discharge Code
- Get New Health Risk Assessment Instrument Codes
- Bust Locum Tenens Myths to Stay on Track
- And much more!
Say goodbye to denials, rework, subpar reimbursement, and audit risks with TCI’s Evaluation & Management Coding Handbook 2018.