ICD-10 Transition

Starting on October 1, 2015, ICD-10 code sets will replace those of ICD-9. As a result, there will be a host of effects that providers/coders will have to take into account when deciding how to become ICD-10 ready:

  • Time, money and manpower required to train staff
  • Greater specificity required in documentation by physicians
  • Coders that don’t want to learn a new set of codes and would rather retire instead
  • Coders needing a more detailed understanding of anatomy and physiology for the parts of the body for which they are coding (as ICD-10-CM does not contain eponyms or unspecified codes)

The AAPC conducted a study over the first half of 2013 in which they found only 63% of documentation by providers contained the requisite information to code properly for ICD-10. That leaves 37% of current documentation as deficient.

As you can tell, the challenges posed by ICD-10 are numerous and daunting. However, we here at The Coding Network can help you in your efforts to be ICD-10 ready. Click below for more information on our:

Latest Blog Posts:

  • 022017 Reza Accenture 712

1 in 4 health consumers have had their PHI stolen

February 21st, 2017|Comments Off on 1 in 4 health consumers have had their PHI stolen

26% of United States health consumers have had their PHI stolen from healthcare systems, according to the results of a study from Accenture, released in Orlando at HIMSS17. The study reveals that 50% of people […]

  • shutterstock_177013181

Healthcare Provider will pay $60 Million Settlement for Medicare and Medicaid False Claims

February 13th, 2017|Comments Off on Healthcare Provider will pay $60 Million Settlement for Medicare and Medicaid False Claims

TeamHealth Holdings, a major U.S. hospital service provider, has agreed to resolve allegations that it violated the False Claims Act by billing Medicare, Medicaid, the DHA, and the Federal EHB Program for higher and more […]

  • Fraudulent-Health-Insurance-Claims

Federal government reclaims $3.3B+ in fraudulent healthcare claims

February 1st, 2017|Comments Off on Federal government reclaims $3.3B+ in fraudulent healthcare claims

The Office of the Inspector General has reported that the federal government has recovered over $3 billion in fraudulent healthcare claims in the 2016 fiscal year.

Read More Here

  • mb2-logo-name

Texas Dental Management Firm Agree to Pay $8.45 Million to Resolve Allegations

January 13th, 2017|Comments Off on Texas Dental Management Firm Agree to Pay $8.45 Million to Resolve Allegations

Texas-based MB2 Dental Solutions (MB2), 21 pediatric dental practices affiliated with them, as well as their owners and marketing chief, all have agreed to pay the US and Texas Medicaid $8.45 million to settle allegations […]